DIY Exfoliating Lip Scrub
Create our revitalizing Exfoliating Lip Scrub with this simple recipe. Gently exfoliate and rejuvenate your lips, leaving them soft, smooth, and fresh.
- 1 ½ tablespoons coconut oil, soft
- 2 tablesooons white sugar
- 1 teaspoon brown or Turbinado sugar
- A few drops of your favorite essential oil
- If needed, soften the coconut oil a little bit (but don’t melt it completely) in the microwave in a heat safe dish, then add in the white sugar. Mix well and then add in the brown or Turbinado sugar and essential oils. Depending on how thick you would like it to be, you could always add a little more of one or both of the sugars together for a firmer scrub.
- To use, simply apply to your lips and gently rub in a circular motion to exfoliate the top layer and soften your lips. Remove with a soft dry cloth. Follow with a moisturizing lip balm.
- This will store well for months in a sealed container in the refrigerator. When you’re ready to use it again just spoon a little out and soften the coconut oil in your hands.
This DIY goes perfectly in our 2 oz glass jar!