Easily clean your toilet with these super simple DIY Toilet Cleaning Fizzies. Great for disinfecting, lifting stains, and making the toilet smell heavenly. Make your life easy and try these out! Just drop one in and let it do the work for you.
DIY Toilet Cleaning Fizzies (adapted from One Essential Community):
~1 Cup Baking Soda
~1/2 Cup Citric Acid (buy on Amazon here)
~40 Drops Your Favorite Essential Oil (we love a blend of Lemongrass, Bergamot, Grapefruit, Lemon)
~1/2 Tsp. White Vinegar
~1 Tbs. Hydrogen Peroxide (3% kind)
1) Add 1 cup baking soda, 1/2 cup citric acid, and 40 drops of your essential oil to a mixing bowl. Mix well, breaking up any clumps with the back of your spoon.
2) Add 1/2 teaspoon white vinegar and 1 tablespoon hydrogen peroxide to a small spray bottle (we sell them here). Slowly spray vinegar/hydrogen peroxide onto dry mixture. You may not need to use all the vinegar/hydrogen peroxide. You’ve added enough when it feels like slightly damp (not wet) sand. It should clump together when you squeeze it into a ball, but it should also break apart easily when you drop it into the bowl.
3) Scoop fizzy mixture into silicone ice cube tray or any other small mold and press firmly into each opening. One batch should yield about 10-12 toilet cleaning fizzies. Let dry overnight (or up to 2-3 days, depending on the humidity in your home). Make sure they are completely dry before attempting to remove them from mold.
4) Store in an airtight container.
5) Drop 1-2 fizzies in toilet bowl. Let fizz and soak for a few minutes, then wipe bowl with a scrub brush and flush. That’s it. Couldn’t be easier.
Your toilet is now clean, sparkly, disinfected, and deodorized!