Mask-Wearing Made Comfortable & Easy!
Tips everyone should know and pass on!
Our amazing marketing goddess, Autumn, has put together this fantastic list of simple tips and tricks to make your daily mask-wearing experience easier, more comfortable, and maybe even pleasant!
We hope you find these useful and take at least one of them into your daily routine. Please feel free to share them with the people in your lives.
2. Choose a Cool Breathable Material: Some people are dealing with more acne and other skin irritation due to their masks. Choosing a mask that is made of cotton, bamboo, or hemp allows you to breathe easier and cause less skin irritation. Making sure your mask isn't too tight will also help. Check out our face care products here if you have irritation!
3. Make Sure It's Secure: Wear your mask securely over your nose and mouth with the handles behind both ears. Try to find one with an adjustable nose piece to get a better fit and to also help prevent your glasses from fogging. Making one yourself? Use a pipe cleaner to make an adjustable nose piece.
4. Store Your Mask the Right Way: When you have to take your mask off during the day place it on a clean paper towel or inside of a clean paper bag.
5. Remove Your Mask Safely: Grabbing the straps rather than the front fabric is actually safer because the front of the mask accumulates contaminants and touching it could possibly risk cross-contamination, according to experts. This also means that you shouldn't just pull it down below your face either.
7. Aromatherapy: Much like our herbs recommendation above, just a drop of essential oil on your mask can make a world of difference. There are several essential oils you can use to make mask-wearing a pleasant experience. Eucalyptus or peppermint can help you breathe easier. Lavender, chamomile, mandarin or ylang-ylang can help tame any anxiety. Sweet Orange, Lemongrass, and Rosemary can boost your mood and increase your energy level. Remember to just use 1 drop only.
8. Clean Reusable Masks: Wash reusable cloth masks in warm/hot water and hang dry after each use to kill germs.
9. Jump on the Fashion Train: Let's face it, we are going to be wearing masks for the next few months, at the very least. Buy a few different masks that suit your personality, feel great on your face, and enhance your self-expression. There are hundreds of DIY instructions online if you want to make your own. If you are looking to buy some creative masks to buy, (and support struggling small businesses) Etsy sellers have an amazing array of masks. These are our favorite masks that we wear around the workshop. Click here to check them out.
10. Replace When Needed: Don't wear a mask that has holes, rips, or other damage. Recycle it.