DIY Pumpkin Skincare Recipes Using Your Leftover Pumpkins
Pumpkin contains beneficial vitamins, minerals, carotenoids, and enzymes. It brightens skin and reduces dark spots. The orange gourd is anti-aging due to beta carotene protecting skin cells from free radical damage. Pumpkin contains zinc which soothes acne and prevents future breakouts. It also shrinks pores and is great at moisturizing dry skin. Pumpkin also relieves inflammation, swelling, and other irritation.
Exfoliating Pumpkin Seed Clay Mask:
- 1 Tbs. Fresh Pumpkin Seeds
- 1 Tbs. Bentonite Clay Powder
- 1-2 Tbs. Apple Cider Vinegar, Water, or Your Favorite Oil
- Grind pumpkin seeds in food processor or blender.
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl, and mix with a plastic or wooden spoon.
- Massage mask onto skin for 1 minute. Leave on for 15-20 minutes.
- Wipe off with a cloth.
Pumpkin Sugar Body Scrub:
- 1 cup Course Sugar
- 1/2 cup Homemade Pumpkin Puree
- 1 tsp. Maple Syrup
- 1/2 tsp. Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1 Tbs. Your Favorite Oil
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl until well combined. Add more sugar or oil if needed to get your preferred consistency.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Maple Syrup has many skin benefits:
- anti-aging antioxidants
- eliminates dryness
Pumpkin Pie Spice also has great skin benefits:
- Cinnamon is antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory which help fight acne.
- Ginger is also anti-inflammatory. It promotes an even skin tone, increases circulation, and detoxifies.
- Allspice contains vitamins A & C which fight aging and promote an even skin tone.
- Nutmeg has natural astringent properties that help heal acne.
Pumpkin Body Moisturizer:
Mix equal parts homemade pumpkin puree and coconut oil and take it into the shower with you. Apply all over and go about your shower. Then, rinse off and pat dry. (Source: Treehugger.com)
Pumpkin Lip Scrub:
- 1/4 tsp. Homemade Pumpkin Puree
- 1/2 tsp. Fine Sugar
- 1/4 tsp. Coconut Oil
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Rub on lips. Massage gently to exfoliate and moisturize.
- Wipe (or lick) off!
We hope you have a wonderful holiday filled with less waste, beautiful pumpkins, and great looking skin. If you make any of these recipes be sure to tag @byrobincreations on Facebook and Instagram!